These are the five vows of church membership in the PCA. You will be asked to take these vows verbally when you meet with the elders to join the church:
1. Do you acknowledge yourself to be a sinner in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope, except through His sovereign mercy?
2. Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and receive and trust Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
3. Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, to endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ, according to the Word of God, as contained in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, which is the rule of life?
4. Do you promise to support the Church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
5. Do you submit yourself to the government and discipline of the Church, and promise to strive for its purity and peace?
The following vows have already been taken by the congregation, and by joining, you are agreeing to come under them as well:
6. I promise to receive the word of truth from the mouth of the pastor of Gainesville Presbyterian Church with meekness and love, to encourage him in his labors, and to assist his endeavors for my instruction and spiritual edification.
7. I promise to yield to the ruling elders and deacons of Gainesville Presbyterian Church all that honor, encouragement and obedience in the Lord to which their office, according to the Word of God and the Constitution of the church, entitles them.
8. I undertake, along with the other members of Gainesville Presbyterian Church, the responsibility of assisting the parents of the congregation in the Christian nurture of their covenant children.
9. (For parents of minor children) I promise, in humble reliance upon divine grace, that I will endeavor to set before my children a godly example, that I will pray with and for them, that I will teach them the doctrines of our holy religion, and that I will strive by all the means of God's appointment, to bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
If you would like to make an appointment to do so, please contact the pastor.